Breast surgery is a form of surgical intervention that is performed to take care of the health of the breasts, which might be impacted because of various reasons. Breast surgery typically can be divided into three general categories: Augmentation, Reduction, and Reconstruction.
- Breast augmentation helps enhance the appearance, size and contour of a woman’s breasts.
- Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, involves the removal of excess skin, fat and glandular tissue. This breast reduction surgery generally helps ease the skin irritation, neck and back pain, weakness or numbness caused due to bulky breasts.
- Breast reconstruction seeks to recreate a breast with the desired appearance, contour and volume. The appearance, contour and volume of the breast can be recreated with implants or with a woman’s own tissue.
The team also specializes in the following types of breast surgeries, thereby ensuring the desired outcome according to patient expectations:
- Removal of Lactiferous ducts or Micro discectomy.
- Removal of lumps from the breast tissue or Lumpectomy
- Surgery for abscess in the breast
- Breast lift surgery also known as Mastopexy